Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tagalongs


Ingredients:
  • Ritz crackers
  • Peanut butter - creamy or chunky (I prefer the chunky)
  • Chocolate chips (any kind you prefer - I have made them with milk chocolate and semi-sweet)
  • Oil or shortening to thin chocolate with
Directions:
  • Smear peanut butter between 2 Ritz crackers to make a 'sandwich'
  •  Melt chocolate chips on low heat in a saucepan stirring frequently.  You can use oil or shortening (I actually use olive oil) to thin the chocolate.
  • Using tongs or forks, dip peanut butter sandwiches in chocolate and tap to remove excess chocolate.
  • Set on cookie sheet with wax paper or saran wrap to let set up.  Place them in the refrigerator or freezer to speed this process up.
  • Enjoy!
These are almost too easy to even call a "recipe" but in my mind, a great recipe isn't about hard or complex.  The best ones are taste amazing and are also simple to make. My friend, Carrie, made these and brought them to a baby shower.  Everyone devoured and raved about them!  She shared her recipe and tips with me.  Of course, the real taste test for me is at home.  So, I made them for Rog and Emma.  I had them setting-up in the garage freezer and realized that the two of them were sneaking in to eat them... by the time I took them out to serve... they were already half gone!  I guess that says it all!

2 comments:

  1. Is someone having peanut butter and chocolate pregnancy cravings??? These look sooooo tempting, but I'm on the other side of pregnancy now and have to ween myself off of the cravings :) By the way I'm obsessed with this blog and I am LOVING have new recipes to try out---THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Meghan - LOL! Actually, I am treating my husband who puts up with some crazy pregnancy hormones! He loves dessert! Although there has been a chocolate peanut butter theme... I think the reality has been the 'easy to make' theme. Even if you don't make these for yourself, these would be great to take to a party or event if you're in charge of bringing a dessert!

    So glad the blog has been helpful to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete