Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Almost Reeses Bars



Ingredients:
  • 2 c peanut butter (chunky or smooth - chunky is my favorite)
  • 3/4 c butter
  • 3/4 c brown sugar
  • 3 c powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 c chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
Directions:
  1. Melt butter.  Add the peanut butter and brown sugar.
  2. Remove from heat and gradually add powdered sugar.  Using hands, mix thoroughly.
  3. Spread peanut butter mixture on the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan. 
  4. Melt the chocolate chips over low heat and stir constantly until smooth.
  5. Spread chocolate evenly over peanut butter mixture.  
  6. Place in a refrigerator until the chocolate has set up.  Cut into small pieces (much smaller than brownie size) and enjoy!

I actually got this recipe from a student of mine who used this recipe as the basis for her demonstration speech. (I made only a slight modification) Really easy to make and always a hit for the Reeses lovers.  Seems like whenever I take this somewhere people are asking me for the recipe - always a good sign! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment